Cathedral's Specialist High Skills Major Program
Specialist High Skills Majors let students focus on a career path that matches their skills and interests while meeting the requirements of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Students receive the SHSM's seal on their diploma when they
- complete a specific bundle of 8-10 courses in the student's selected field
- earn valuable industry certifications including first aid and CPR qualifications
- gain important skills on the job with employers
Who are they for?
Grade 11 and 12 students who are:
- heading for an apprenticeship, training, college, university or the workplace.
- wanting to identify, explore and refine their career goals and make informed choices about their next steps after secondary school.
How can they help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- Gain important skills on the job with actual employers, at skills training centres and at school
- Earn valuable industry certifications, including first aid and CPR qualifications.
Questions? Speak with Mr. Filice in Student Services!